The first meeting of this church was held at Swartz's School House in the winter of 1858-1859, and was first organized in 1859. The first church building was the first of any denomination in Mifflin Township. The first church building was erected in 1860 at a cost of $800. The present brick structure was built in 1902. Recently a baptism was held which was the 6th generation to be baptized at Wesley Chapel. Wesley Chapel UMC celebrated their 150 Anniversary in 2009. Present services are held at 9:00 am.